Recipe of the month
Perfect to enjoy with some hummus or dips, or with a warm curry. Who would have thought making your own bread could be so easy?
Ingredients: for 4 pieces of bread
- 150 gr all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 75 ml of water
- 2 tablespoons vegan unsweetened yoghurt
- Mix the flour, the baking powder and the salt in a bowl.
- Add the water and the yoghurt. Then mix everything to combine.
- On a floured board, knead a handful of dough until it becomes a big ball.
- Heat a pan to medium heat with some oil.
- Divide the dough ball in 4 and flatten each ball with your hand.
- Put the flatbread in the pan and cook it on both sides until slightly golden. Eat warm.
A tiny adorable snack, that is quickly prepared and will be a pleasure for your lovely friends
- Puff pastry
- Tomato sauce
- Grated ”cheese”
- Spices and herbs
- Preheat the oven (as recommended on the product packaging).
- Roll out the puff pastry and spread the sauce thinly over it. Sprinkle the “cheese” and the spices on top.
- Roll up the puff pastry, cut it into 2cm thin slices and place them with a little distance between each other on a piece of baking paper.
- Bake them until golden brown.
The filling can be varied such as plant-based sour cream, tofu, vegan cold cuts, fresh wild herbs, pesto… Be creative 🙂
To deal with the extreme heatwave this month, we decided give you some refreshing summer smoothie recipes.
They are very easy to make and take very little time.
Blueberry Delight Smoothie
- Ingredients: blueberries, soy (or almond) milk, 1-2 ts almond butter, 1 fresh or frozen banana
Watermelon Strawberry Smoothie
- Ingredients: fresh watermelon, strawberries (or raspberries), 3-4 leaves of fresh mint, 1 tsp lime or lemon
Vitamin C Explosion Smoothie
- Ingredients: canned peaches, 1-2 bananas, pineapple (or mango) and a bit of water
Blend all the ingredients together in a high-speed blender and that’s basically it. You can decorate the Smoothie with a piece of the fruit that you used, to make it look nicer. Feel free to use frozen ingredients, which will make the smoothie even more refreshing.
If you use only frozen ingredients, add some water to the blender. The smoothie will turn out more like a slushie.
- 3 ts oil
- Optional: Chili
- Wash the kale and cut it in small pieces.
- Add 3 ts of oil, salt, pepper (& chilli).
- Spread the kale pieces on a baking pan.
- Bake for 7 minutes at 170°.
- Crispy appetite!